Tuesday 1 April 2014

Alice in Wonderland - Book Collection

This week we have a guest post from photographer and film maker Debbie Attwell, who shares with us the result of her love for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

"Growing up, my favourite book was my oversized copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It felt like a magical book, and the illustrations by Maraja were like nothing I'd seen before. I remember often looking through it, reading parts at random and gazing at my favourite pictures. As an adult, I have retained my love for Alice. I think we all feel a bit like her, exploring a world that makes no sense to us! I adore Carroll's mix of logic and nonsense, and his quotable wordplay (which is why, for me, a film will never fully capture the genius of the book). Collecting Alice books wasn't planned, but I love the wildly varying styles of illustrations, seeing Alice and the characters she encounters change and be reinterpreted through the decades. I actually had no idea how many copies of the book I had until I collated them all for these photos, and the collection continues to grow!" - Debbie Attwell

'You see, so many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice 
had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible.'



































4 comments:

  1. Lovely. Good to know I'm not the only fanatic out there! ;) http://aliceintheinternet.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, what a wonderful collection you have! Are you on Twitter?

      Delete
    2. Guys..don't say fanatic..! Makes me feel crazy.. :P
      http://the-mad-hatter-tea-party.tumblr.com/image/36821940710
      And that's not even a third of it.....

      Delete
    3. Enthusiast? ;)
      Nice collection. :)

      Delete